Wednesday, September 26, 2007

All by myself...

Playlist
ELO – I
David Bowie – Pin Ups
Free – Fire & Water
Hawkwind – Hall of the Mountain Grill
Mick Ronson – Play Don’t Worry
Jeff Beck – Best of
Focus – III
Deodato – Prelude
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel – The Best Years of Our Lives
Genesis – Foxtrot

Sparks – Propoganda
Gary Glitter – Glitter
Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Uriah Heep – Return to Fantasy
David Bowie – The Man Who Sold the World

Tonight I was to be out with Dr Prog and, possibly, Count Brodski to view young Chris Lyons with his trio playing at the Jazz Bar…

Dr Prog called off due to work related issues, whilst Brodski cited failing health for his non-appearance…

And so I found myself sitting on my own in the Jazz Bar nursing a large bottle of Tyskie beer and scowling at the rude fellow audients who dared to chat over the music…

Mr Lyons was playing with two pick up guys on drums and double bass and was bringing his classically trained chops to bear on a number of standards to excellent effect...

Of course I’d rather have seen his actual trio, playing his own compositions but you can’t have everything for £3…

Home by midnight – jazzed up…

Highlight of the Day : Visit to the Jazz Bar

No comments: