Friday, September 14, 2007

One wedding and a funeral...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
Kraftwerk – Minimum Maximum
McDonald & Giles – McDonald & Giles
King Crimson – In The Wake of Poseidon

What I did today:-

Finalised the cover for Erstazreal – I had to reformat and rearrange the lyrics – then printed a first copy of the final cover and burned and printed the first disc – out soon...





Went to the funeral of the mother of a friend. The deceased died two days after her 89th birthday. A good innings I say and so a celebration rather than a service of regret....

Went out to lunch with Anne at La pe’tite folie – one of our favourite restaurants. The food was excellent, although I regret not sticking to my guns and ordering mussels as my starter rather than the mouthful of mushroom, pastry and poached egg which I received...

Back home, fell asleep due to wine intake...

In the evening, met up with friends Margaret and Glen and went to the wedding of old friend Helen, who used to catsit for Crispy – and met up with other old friends, Gillian, Sarah, Eleanor etc etc...

Here's the happy couple - this probably not how they will be depicted in the official photos...



Various drunken promises were made of the “we must see each other soon” nature – hopefully these will be fulfilled....

Success, celebration and happiness – a no bad day...

Highlight of the Day : First copy of Ersatzreal coming off the presses

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant cover image! Ali x

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I'm a firestarter!