Sunday, May 15, 2005

Working Sunday....

Up early again as I needed to transfer Ian’s tracks worked on so far to a CD. Surprise, surprise, the CD writer worked perfectly. So I made a five track disc for him of what we’ve done so far.

Another beautiful day but, again, I’ll spend most of it indoors. Made it to Ian’s just after 11 and we get to work straight away on my learning some of his songs. In all, we ran through five songs in four hours, which is pretty good going. Now I’ll work on my own on these to produce some initial backing tracks for next Sunday’s session – same time, same place... (and I also have the makings of a new CBQ song – the first of 2005).

Anne’s off to Tynecastle to see Hearts v Celtic again – and again Hearts come off worse, losing 2-1. But, by all accounts, they deserved a draw. Looks like they’ll definitely be fifth now. Next week is the last game of the season and Hearts must play Aberdeen. Aberdeen are Hearts’ arch-enemy, Hibs', only potential obstacle to a place in Europe, so will Hearts “lie down” to them? I don’t think so but no doubt the press will speculate this week.

I go to pick her up and forget I’m recording Star Trek :Enterprise on manual rather than timer – by the time I remember, the recording is half way through an episode of CSI – oh well, we’ve still got tons of stuff to watch, including about 10 episodes of Desperate Housewives!

In the studio, I run through my set for Thursday again – can’t keep my guitar in tune….then I cook dinner – badly – choosing to ladle the stuffed pasta out the pan onto the plates (albeit with a ladle with holes) rather than draining it (why do I always try and taking cooking shortcuts? Why haven't I learned they don't work??) leading to a rather watery experience all round. After doing the dishes, it’s time for Coronation Street.

Then up to the studio to go through Ian’s songs again whilst they’re fresh in my mind.

I write up the blog whilst listening to a Haydn String Quartet, then it’s back down to watch today’s Premiership Football – one of my favourites from when I was a kid, Norwich City, are thrasged 6-0 and relegated…but I’m sure they’ll be back. At 3pm they were safe - between then and 4:45 all four of the relegation candidates were, at some point, in the coveted safe 17th place in the league - in the end it was West Brom that clawed their way out and Norwich are joined by Crystal Palace and Southampton.

No comments: