Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Pop Up Hellmouth....

We hadn’t booked breakfast so we were up at 8 and out on the street by 8:45 heading for Blackfriars and the tube to Heathrow, where we did get breakfast. Coffee and a Danish each.

There was a 30 minte delay in take off (after we’d boarded) which is a bit of a wait on a 60 minute flight but that’s air travel for you.

It was a very bumpy flight due to turbulence – all the clouds seemed to be at exactly the same height at which we were flying. I always judge the severity of any situation on a plane by the faces of the cabin crew. They continued to smile and so I was at ease, even though it was very shaky.

Coming into Edinburgh we had a great view of the city. Just prior to flying over Arthur’s Seat and then out over the Firth of Forth, I saw my old school, Lasswade High. It was strange looking down from above. The best part of flying is the different perspective it gives…

Back home and Meg was fine despite having been left for around 30 hours on her own.

The equipment for us to set up broadband was behind the door so I took some time to set this up. Our connection's 20 times faster than before. Then we went to Anne’s mum’s for my birthday tea. The celebrations never end!

Back home again and I’m noticing problems with the computer – masses of pop-ups - it’s almost as if Broadband’s opened the Pop-Up Hellmouth….

No comments: