Monday, May 09, 2005

Cars coming out of their lying ears....

Back to reality this morning as I take the car to the garage again.

The engineer tells me the sales guy’s lied to me. They didn’t fit a new de-nippled dash. They merely repaired the old dash…and in taking it out and putting it back they’ve added scratches.

He says he’s not going to mess me about – just order and fit a brand new dash straight away.

For the sales guys though this is a problem as they don’t have a courtesy car till 30 May. So a repair which was to have happened on 2 May will now take place on 30 May. I reluctantly agree, as I need to have the courtesy car in order for travel to and from the garage not to last for hours.

Later on I phone customer services and complain. I want a car asap or I want them to give me a hire car and they can pay for it. After all they’ve got cars coming out of their ears – not literally - although some of the people there whom I’ve told about the problems do appear to have trouble hearing what I’m saying, so you never know….

At night we do a shop at the local 24 hour Tesco and find the previously mysteriously missing contents of our glove compartment strewn around the boot. Maybe if they’d tried replacing them where they got them from they might have noticed the compartment no longer opens after their masterly “repair job”.

More pish is flowing into the computer from the net despite my now adding a “router” (whatever that is…)

Late on I do a couple of hours work on Ian Sclater’s songs and piece together a reasonable version of his song “It’s Weird In Here”.. This is a good song. If you hear it once you can’t help singing it.

Today is my German friend, Jorg Sonnenschein’s Birthday. Two years ago today I recorded a long soundscape in his name. I don’t think he’s heard it. Jorg’s the only person I know with more music than me – but I don’t think my music’s his personal cup of tea…

Happy Birthday Jorg!!

No comments: