Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Goal of the Season...?

I’m at the end of my tether re the computer problems and Martin, the IT guru who built it can’t help me till next Wednesday at the earliest as he’s off on holiday with Michelle to drive their new sports car very quickly around a race track for several days.

I bought the latest Spock’s Beard CD, “Octane” via E-Bay last Monday and it finally arrived today – it was worth the wait. Recommended.

Tonight I played footie for the first time since 30 March, and the first time since having my toe “done”. Much pain I must report! Despite this I managed two goals, one of which was a throw back to my prime as I tricked a defender (Jim Park ha ha) and the goalie only to be driven wide into a seemingly impossible position. But, spying the goalie off his line, I cannoned my shot off the wall and diagonally into the net. I even got a high five from a member of the opposing team (not Jim though ha ha).

Jim had the last laugh though as the Whites ran out winners at the end by two goals. Probably two of the ones let in by my little old lady goal-keeping style.

Today is our German friend Birgit’s birthday. Happy birthday Birgit!! She lives up near Oban on an island called Luing and hopefully we will visit her soon along with Brodski. Alan steals all our friends he so personable. Some man!

So Me, Jorg, Birgit, Jim Park and Jamie Frain all have May birthdays.

Late tonight the Jukebox has now gone tits up to add to my technological woes. 7,500 tracks are inside it.

Picked up my sister, Pam, from the Airport - she's off to Spain for a week with my mum. They had a good time in Majorca last year and so decided to do it again. Pam's husband, Richard, stays at home in Hemel probably glad of the holiday!!

Depression is kicking in despite my great goal tonight (which incidentally injured my toe somewhat).

No comments: