Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The last day of May...

It’s Tuesday but it feels like a Monday.

Last day of May and I pay a visit to FOPP. Upstairs I discover they’re selling the Uriah Heep remastered back catalogue (with loads of extra, rare tracks) for a fiver each. I take a deep breath and buy the eight they have available recorded during the classic 1970-76 period. I have all of these CDs already – the original inferior sounding issues. I am buying music I already have. I am a fool. But I love Uriah Heep and I’m getting over 50 new tracks.

At 6pm we collect the car from the garage following what we hope will be the final repair.

After nine months of trials and tribulation (cliché time), without, I hope, tempting fate, I can advise that the car is FIXED!!! They have fitted a brand new dashboard and the noises have gone. I am vindicated – I said all along it was the dashboard but they wouldn’t believe me. So that’s enough about our car – now here’s hoping I’m not speaking to soon.

At night I have a “Heepfest” and transfer all the albums (and bonus tracks) to the jukebox. Lovely day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank fu*k his car's fixed.Amen.