Monday, May 16, 2005

Sucked in by Marketing and Television....

Yet another marketing campaign by HMV draws me in. I buy Medeski, Martin & Wood’s latest CD, “End Of The World Party” for £4.99 and it makes it straight into my top ten for May so far. It’s on Blue Note but it’s not really jazz – but it’s a cracker of an album, funky mixed up sounds, great drumming and superb production. A very talented trio.

I was planing to rebuild the studio tonight in preparation for what should be a week of playing and recording, initially concentrating on Ian Sclater’s songs and then seeing if I can’t finally make some sort of start to the new CBQ album. “Anotherhappyday” was released in September 2003 so I want to get the new album out before two years have passed!! But.....

I run through the three songs for Thursday again and then, unfortunately, TV sucks me in and I end up watching:-

Junior Mastermind
University Challenge - TV Team vs Radio Team
2 Episodes of Coronation Street
New Tricks
The Alan Hansen Documentary on what footballers do when their footballing careers are over

I'll definitely get back to the studio tomorrow

Good news on the Jukebox front as Creative agree to replace my machine (for a second time). Luckily I have all my tracks backed up on the computer hard-drive, but, if it’s anything like last time, it’ll be around three weeks before the new machine arrives.

No comments: