Saturday, May 14, 2005

Inside on a lovely day....

Up at 5:40 (hmm thought it was 6:40 – not that that makes it any better). Other than a break for breakfast, worked solidly on the Deeperdown EPs till 1pm, burning discs, printing and sticking together covers, on disc printing etc etc a veritable production line….replacing those sold over the last two weeks and building up a supply of the three new ones for Monday and, just for good measure, the final EP “Where Are You” which isn’t out till 30 May.

I’m listening to the CBQ MP3 CD which has 110 tracks on it. The original “Another Happy Day” from the 2003 album of the same name, is, if I might say so myself, a quite brilliant track (Nothing like blowing my own trumpet…. )

Before I start recording the Deeperdown album (yes starting again from scratch) I’ll have to find my notes on the studio settings I used when recording the AHD album – it has a great CBQ sound to it. Funny how you never really notice at the time how you're doing something when you are doing something and so, a couple of years later, you look back and say "how did I do that?"....it's almost as if someone else was doing it...

After lunch, I run through the three song set for Thursday at OOTB, EPs nos 4, 5 and 6 - “Anything But Ill”, “The Gardener” and “Very Small”…then, just for good measure, I go through the rest of the songs on the Deeperdown album. All this takes me an hour, counting interruptions and restarts.

Then back to work on Ian Sclater’s music. We have our third session tomorrow and Ian’s second guest guitarist has pulled out. So tomorrow I’ll be learning a few of his songs with a view to playing on the CD.

Anne’s sister, Jane, pops round with our nephew and niece, Ollie and Kitty and we have a coffee in the back garden. It’s the best day of the year so far but I’m indoors as usual. Ollie and I share a white choclate Easter Egg he’s brought for me – apparently I’d claimed it when I saw him at Easter….and he remembered?!!? He likes “The Crocodile Song” and strums the guitar while I change the chords.

Tonight I was going to put together a disc of the five tracks Ian and I’ve progressed thus far, including the edited together “It’s Weird In Here”. But I can’t get my CD Recorder to work!! And the digital link from the mini-disc to the computer doesn’t seem to produce any recordable signal either….

Resigning myself to another early start to try and sort this out I ended the day with a well earned rest watching CSI : New York and Law & Order : Criminal Intent..

No comments: