Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Big Fat Face Now and Then...

Back to Loanhead today for the second time in three days as Pam is heading home to Hemel Hempstead tomorrow night.

By the time we get there, Pam has replaced all the furniture in my mum’s bedroom so no work to do. Anne and I have brought a Chinese takeaway out with us as my mum has a hankering after lemon chicken.

Pam and my mum recount some of their funny stories from their trip to Spain – including Pam’s visit to the Pharmacia, which involved the girl behind the counter shouting the word “Haemorrhoids” at the top of her voice for everyone in the shop to hear...you can guess the rest...

In the big clearout, a load of old photos had been uncovered – I thought I’d seen all my mum and dad’s photos but there were some of me as a baby, younger than six months, that I’d never seen before.

They were a bit of a revelation. My dad had always told me that, when I was a baby, I was like a “skint rabbit”. However, in these photos, amongst them some of my christening at three months, very spookily indeed, I look exactly as I do now!!! (facially anyway - obviously my body is slightly smaller...)

Back at home I make up a 2CD Birthday CD for the son of one of my friend’s Margaret’s chum who’s going to be 21 on Friday (hope you follow that description!).

To complete the track list with a hit from right now, I bought the new Coldplay single today – it’ll probably be No 1 this Sunday (or rather it won’t because the Crazy Frog thing will be No 1).

It was either Coldplay or the current No 1, Oasis…but I hate Oasis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate Oasis too.