Monday, August 10, 2026

The same service for £120 pa less, is a good thing, I hope...

Playlist



Big playlist again but only five items of the forty-one were not played re the podcast recorded today...


A slightly better breakfast...


Into week 33...


Post breakfast, down to Tesco to change my service provider from the rip off that is O2 to the £120 pa less Tesco Mobile (which is, actually, O2 - go figure!)...

To LIDL for bread and, post that, popped into the Cancer Research shop...

The other day, I posted the first 30 LPs I owned (the first 3 were gifts from my dad).  "All the Young Dudes" was bought late September 1972, "Sweet Freedom" on 4 January 1974.  In that 1st year or so of LP buying, I was a fan of Alice Cooper (6 LPs bought), Uriah Heep (3 bought) and Hawkwind (3 bought).  I remain a fan of all three fifty two and a half years later...



In the charity shop, what should I find, right at the front, but this...



Back into the collection after 54 years...


A wee bit scratchy but only to be expected with 34 minutes a side!



Also bought this (each LP was £1)...

Also from 1972. In considerably better condition though…


Interesting selection of composers from the 1700s…




Post listening, home made chicken soup for lunch...


In the afternoon, another good "Van Der Valk" entertained...

Then, Anne off to Pilates...

Me, podcasting...





Done and dusted by Anne's return for a Salmon based tea...


Then, another "Murder in a Small Town" - the main character is extremely boring and his girlfriend is kind of annoying...

We will persevere...

100 at "University Challenge" this week as Warwick thrashed an Oxford college...

Then, "Benidorm is Murder"...

Again, we will stick with it...

Later on, listening back to the podcast...

Bed at 11...

Highlight of the Day: Podcasting... No, wait, changing my phone provider...

Today's New Music:

No comments: