Monday, August 03, 2026

Something can look very stupid but sound very good...

Playlist


Big playlist today because (a) I was out and about and (b) I recorded and uploaded the latest podcast...

I am continuing to keep up the diary on a daily basis - nothing worse than falling behind and having to catch up - takes an age - better to address it first thing every day...


Breakfast - I think, tomorrow, I'll use the air fryer to get a better bacon medallions result...


A wee chum spotted in the bathroom...


This morning, I was off out and down the hill for a bus into town for a meet up with Dr Prog - our first for a good wee while...

A bus...


...to outside the Usher Hall...


...and took a look at upcoming concerts in Edinburgh...

Dar Williams on 1st October...


And So I Watch You From Afar on 17 October...


Hawklords on 19 November...


Goodbye Mr Mackenzie on 11 December...

Rezillos on 12 December...


£115.50 if I attend them all - double if Anne comes along...

We'll see...

Through the Art College...


Mike Wozniak will be in town for the Fringe...


Enticing...

To our meeting point, The Edinburgh Futures Institute...


...but I was a tad early so, looked through all these at the nearby Shelter Shop (to no avail but, you know, someone has to do it)...







Anyway, we both arrived bang on 11 at The Canopy at the EFI...

Top notch coffees and scones were enjoyed, along with chat, surprisingly, mostly about football in general, and The World Cup in particular...


...and the Doc, in the middle of a project to clear out his spare room, gifted me a pair of headphones which initially retailed at £480 (now around £200)...

This set is slightly diminished by the good doctor's attempt to "fix" the headband...

Cyberman ahoy!


I believe I owe the Doc a lunch!!

This was a lovely place to which we will definitely return...


We took a walk around the building post a second coffee...



...then, after two hours, all told, out and a parting of the ways, agreeing that our next meet will not be as far off as our last is now...

Dr Prog headed off into the Meadows...


...while I took a walk past the University, readying itself for the Festival...


...and a quick look around the Newington shops...

Nothing enticed...

Two buses home...


...soundtracked, in the main, by Tonnen von Hall...


...referencing the more oblique sounds of late King Crimson...

Back home the new nutphones were very much enjoyed - the silver tape being removed - I bought black tape to replace it but, really, no tape is required...


Of course Anne thinks they look very stupid (to be fair, they do!) and are far too loud (they are open backed, like my AKG 702s)..

However, as discussed with the Doc, our spouses do not understand headphones…

And these ones sound lovely…

This evening, following a salmon based tea, "University Challenge" (155 points for the Crispycat Team - best for a long while) and the last two episodes of Season 6 (there are 12) of "Bones", including (spoilers) the quite unnecessary killing of Mr Vincent Nigel-Murray, it was time to record and upload this week's podcast...





To bed at almost midnight with said podcast in the (less intrusive) night time cans...

Highlight of the Day: "New" headphones...

Today's New Music:

No comments: