Friday, August 14, 2026

Now that's what I call a Friday...

Playlist


Up, thinking, "I needed to redo that Blues collection from yesterday"...


But of course, I got caught up in #NewMusicFriday - a few nice things today, including...

A new track from Pete Roth Trio...

Jah Wobble mucking about with The Beatles canon...

Sparks live...

The latest in the continuing Robert Fripp at 80 celebratory weekly releases...

...and, probably best of all, a new discovery, Prairiewolf, understated kind of Kosmische stuff with lap steel guitar - just my cup of proverbial tea...

Anyway, suffice to say I was at the machines...


I wrote this up too and I did sort the blues album out...

And the sun wasn't even up...




Later, breakfast prepped...


...and, a few minutes later, enjoyed...


It was Friday - and so, Anne was off to Zumba/Coffee/Cake until lunchtime...


Spent the morning listening to new stuff - CDs from yesterday and inwardly sucked items from this morning...

Lunch was accompanied by "Benidorm is Murder", which continues to be not too bad and raises the odd chuckle from your "serious musician and artist" correspondent (it says here)......

A meet up organised for the late afternoon and, just before exiting, I closed my eyes, walked into the back room, picked a box of CDs and, still with eyes closed, picked a random CD for this week's #CDFriday...

And, it was this...




...which I am playing and, indeed, enjoying, as I write this up tomorrow morning...

Out around 3:45 and down the hill...



...for a meet up with chum Bernardo, for chat, drinks and a tasty, comparatively early, tea...


Home around 7 or so and binged the first three available episodes of "Reacher" Season 4...


Man, it's just so good!!

Then, a new to us thing which ran from 2012 to 2018 - 7 seasons, goodness knows how many episodes but we're already kinda sucked in...


And to bed with Prairiewolf and, later, The Velvet Underground...

Now that's what I call a Friday...

Highlight of the Day: Out for tea...

Today's New Music:

No comments: