Playlist
Once again mainly soundtracked by my No 1 records of the 70s's but, started the day - as I undertook the long laborious task of writing this up without my forgotten mouse and the resizing of pics and creation of makeshift playlist indicators etc etc - to the sound of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" in its entirety (yep, around 90 minutes to write up one entry)...
I'd not listened to it all the way through for a very long time...
Can I just take a second of your time, then, to opine it is a masterpiece?
Anyway, it was early as I did this...
...but it got done pre breakfast...
...which Anne expertly prepped...
...to the sounds of the 70s via a Marshall speaker...
The views from the office this morning...
Post breakfast, some perusal of this book, looking for any mention of the usual suspects, i.e. my own faves - it's what you do...
Then, out and a short drive (once we found the correct road) to Grimwith Reservoir...
Birds of prey were seen circling in the sky but proved unable to be captured on "film"...
I had my "big" camera along but, truth be told, it was almost impossible to see what was on the viewscreen as I took these pictures...
It had been our plan to walk all the way around the reservoir but the strong, biting wind put paid to that and we were soon back in the car and driving to Burnsall, where we stayed when visiting the area back in 2017...
Nice to be back...
Here, we enjoyed some of the best ever warm fruit scones with cream and jam, ever, and they replaced any thoughts we had of the requirement for lunch later...
A further look around...
...including our 2017 cottage...
Then, we drove on, to Ilkley - last visited in 2021...
In the masses of chazzas here, I found just the 1 CD - in 2021, a bumper crop of reggae titles had been stumbled across, coincidentally in the very same BHF shop as this disc of delightful pieces...
With the scones having put paid to any meaningful lunch intake, ice cream was now, of course, required...
Then, back to the car...
...and home for a rest...
...before heading out again...
...to The Black Horse, for drinks...
...and more drinks...
...then, guided by a book found in the 2026 cottage, a tour around the buildings and views of Grassington...
...ending at the Fish and Chip shop for a takeaway tea...
...which was very much enjoyed...
We were in for the evening now...
...which was spent watching "University Challenge" (110 points), then, Corrie and the Sewing Bee for Anne while I tried to pre-empt another long early morning stint re this by uploading today's pics in readiness (that took an age) while listening to a download of today's CD, and Vol 1 of that 2 disc series, also downloaded...
And, before we knew it, it was time for bed...
Highlight of the Day : Has to be the scones...
Today's New Music :
No comments:
Post a Comment