Playlist
Up slightly later but to the machine and writing this for yesterday...
Last day in Grassington...
On Anne's arising, breakfast...
...and then, into the car and the drive, just past Tuesday's reservoir target, to Stump Cross Caverns...
And down we went...
I will, once again, let the pictures do the talking but you can find out about the caverns, here...
In all, we spent around 70 minutes underground before heading back to the surface...
...and handing our helmets back in....
Last looks...
...and out into the slightly rainy conditions, in the middle of the Yorkshire Dales...
Then, a short drive onwards to Pateley Bridge...
It's basically one street - we've been here before and it's a nice wee stop...
We visited Talbot House...
...for coffee and cake...
...before Anne went in search of a birthday card for nephew Craig and I visited somewhere I might like...
These for £1 each...
...and a further walk around the town...
...and back to the car and home for lunchtime pies...
Pork and Apple for Anne, Pork and Sweet Chili for me...
Very tasty and bigger than they look...
Then, back out for a walk...
...and we went into every shop in Grassington that was open - this, a bespoke furniture maker, was Anne's favourite...
I was happy to settle for a second hand book, which the original owner appeared to have received in 1972...
Home again to pack for tomorrow's return trip and then, out again, noting this wee cat, or, rather, large cat, a couple of doors down...
Final drinks at the Devonshire....
...and on to the Black Horse for dinner...
I admit now that I probably didn't need this black pudding and poached egg starter...
...and this was definitely confirmed when our second pies of the day arrived...
Yowsah!
We made it to the end though (we usually always do) and a constitutional was required...
...and home to bed...


No comments:
Post a Comment