Saturday, August 15, 2026

I just cannot resist the temptation...

Playlist


Today, the actual Crispy Cat, would have been 42 years old...


Sadly, she dies when she was 18...

In my thoughts today, the wee one…

Up and working, same as every day, I suppose...






Today though, I was heading out early...


A message from drummer Johnny - still ill re his "Heat Stroke" of the last couple of days - tomorrow's planned session, cancelled...

Disappointing but nothing can be done...

A quick breakfast and down the hill pre 9am...


It was "reasonable"...




Of course I'd been working on the wrong bus timetable (Mon-Fri), as it was Saturday...

So, 16 minutes later than planned I was on the bus to Linlithgow...


...going though Kirkliston...


...where the driver decided to have a vape break...


Onwards...



Arrived just after 10:15 and met up with Prog Rock Willie...

A short walk to today's record fair...


I recommended this to Willie...

He did not partake...


As most people around me were busy buying LPs at £15 - £50, I snapped up these CDs for just 50p each...




















...and I even bought 2 LPs at £2 each - ones I used to own, of course...



Total outlay, £13...

There was an American King Crimson fan in attendance...



Our shopping done, we retired to the old Post Office for drinks, purchase perusal, good chat and a spot of lunch...

Willie's haul (note: he does not have a working turntable!)...

Total outlay for the three, £48...




Bargain...

Lunch - macaroni with chips and an untouched salad for the big man, chicken with chips and veg for your correspondent...


...followed by the bus home...




During which, a particularly thin skinned pontificator blocked me on BlueSky LOL...


Home for a session of ripping and listening, while Anne watched the programme about all the people who've lived in a particular house (this series was re a house on Calton Hill, here in Edinburgh) then prepped a tasty beef casserole for tea...


...after which we watched four episodes of "Scandal", taking us to bedtime...


A good day...

Highlight of the Day: Meet up with Prog Rock Willie...

Today's New Music:



No comments: