Playlist
Up and, mainly, writing this...
It kind of has to be the start to everyday...
Done, dusted...
Post breakfast out and discovering what the sawing has been over the past couple of days...
What looks like a perfectly good tree is being removed from nearby woodland...
Always sad to see...
Anyway, with Anne off to Zumba with Lynn, I was off into town - my trip soundtracked entirely by the last four Yello albums...
Caught a 900 bus, but today, to Edinburgh rather than Glasgow...
Popped into Fopp - saw a few things I might like, e.g. the recent remix release of Gentle Giant's "In a Glass House" for £16...
I partook of nothing...
I came to the conclusion that I download stuff I want, so that I can buy CDs I don't know I want until I see them and want to take a chance on...
I almost never go into anywhere which offers CDs, with an idea in my head of what I want to buy...
That's mostly because I never know what will be available from the shops I frequent...
A walk to see if I could buy more pairs of my recently acquired comfortable trainers but only 1 pair was available and they were size 11...
I decided my feet are unlikely to grow any further and so, I passed…
Took a bus down to Canonmills to the hospice shop there and found this 11CD set for £5...
Then, a bus back to Princes St and a walk through the gardens...
...to Avalanche, where I decided on all of these at 3 for £5...
Once again I can report zero clunckers - amazing...
I hardly ever add anything to the collection which I later have to delete...
Swedish duo, Wildbirds and Peacedrums...
The second (and last) LP by Munich Band Schwermut Forest...
The 7th and 8th LPs by Lower Saxony quartet, Schottgrenze...
This Essie Jain promo was secreted inside the 2nd Schrottgrenze CD's cover - but it turns out I have the LP already - bought 14 August 2021 - funnily enough, on that day, I also bought a CD I, at that point, already had...
Nothing changes - although, to be fair, I didn't buy this, it was just there...
Next, Alles wie Gross's "Vertonung", which is their only LP...
It was a Munich based collective of people from other bands, such as The Notwist, Lali Puna, Couch and Blond, who combined to write the album as a soundtrack to the 1921 Sven Gade version of Hamlet...
This German adaptation featured a woman, Danish actress Asta Nielsen, in the lead role, and took some other liberties with the original storyline....
The very interesting soundtrack infuses a love of orchestra, rock, and cinema into a unique composition (it says here - and is correct)...
LAUB - which includes Antye Greie aka AGF - this is their 6th LP (2007) and Greie's 16th all in all...
LAUB have released nothing since - although Greie's latest release was on Bandcamp this May...
German Techno DJ and musician (and green activist) Martin Eyerer - a disc of "banging techno"...
...with a 2nd disc of his remixes of other artists on his label - all of whom may well just be him - also banging techno...
The 2005 issue of Frankfurt electronic music producer (Rajko Müller) Isolée's "Rest" (re-released on Bandcamp with a different running order and a couple of previously vinyl only bonus tracks)...
...and, finally, Viennese trio's first full-length album release "Die offene Gesellschaft“ which translates as "the open society“...
The recordings stem from a series of live performances in the small Austrian city of Feldkirch in the summer of 2001. They performed with children in a nursery home, played in front of Buddhist monks, criminals and old people. Field recordings captured at the various locations, live material and studio work were combined and condensed to the 8 diverse pieces on the album...
Anyway, before I knew any of that...
An Airport bus took me back along to the West End and I rushed to the Cathedral for the first lunchtime recital I've attended this year, having seen almost all of them last year...
A French Horn, Violin and Piano Trio...
A sandwich lunch at Haymarket and back on the bus home, this, the inside of my bag...
No shoes, just CDs...
Ripping and listening ensued...
A "Scandal", then, Anne was off to watch Rapid Vienna v Hearts round at Jane and Bob's via their dodgy stick...
I cooked while enjoying the new CDs...
Tortellini with Green Pesto (the good version this time), some parmesan and pepper - simples...
Some Youtube videos on hi-fi were enjoyed...
But I was also keeping an eye on the game - it was 2-2 from the first leg...
Rapid went ahead after half an hour...
Second half, Hearts had a man sent off, but, three minutes after that they equalised and held on for extra time...
Then, amazingly they took the lead with 20 minutes to go...
But Vienna scored again with almost the final kick of the ball...
Penalties...
Hearts' keeper saved Rapid's 3rd but Hearts' own 5th was saved...
Rapid could make it 4-4 on pens to keep the torture going - but, once again, the keeper made the save...
And so, Hearts are through to the league stage of the Conference League...
Nerve racking - and I'd avoided messaging Anne in case I jinxed matters...
She came home, cock a hoop of course...
We celebrated by watching the last 5 (5!) episodes of "Scandal"'s 2nd season...
...and retired at 1am...
A good day, all round...
Highlight of the Day: Hearts through...
Today's New Music:


No comments:
Post a Comment