Monday, September 12, 2022

Searching not finding, then finding without searching, kind of...

Playlist
Julian Lennon - Jude
Jeff Russo - The Man Who Fell to Earth OST
Capital Models - 2022-09-10 Roslin Fete
Pulled By Magnets - Rose Golden Doorways
Gerald Clayton - Bells on Sand
Warpaint - Radiate Like This
Kane Roberts - Kane Roberts
Orchestra Baobab - Pirates Choice
Chris Rea - The Blue Jukebox
The Who - My Generation
Elvin Jones - Dear John C.
Os CatedrĂ¡ticos - Ataque

An earlier rise today...





...and the first part of the day working on ideas for the next CBQ album, due 7 October...

I have a plan to use some synthesiser tracks recorded back in 1989, along with the recent recordings of the rain storms here...

Nothing actually produced but progress with the treatment of the synth pieces was made...

I will return...

Also compiling my list of good LPs released in 1965...

Around 10:30, into town and to the office to deal with a few things...

Then, a sandwich for lunch on the way along to Fopp...

Once again, nothing enticed (despite the presence of a £30 token in my pocket - I know I am waiting on the new Eno LP, due in October)...

This looked interesting and was recorded for further investigation at home...


Due to the dead monarch shenanigans, the entire East side of Princes St was completely blocked for ages this afternoon...



So, I walked along to the West End and up to Tollcross for a mooch around the charity shops - nothing found...

Got a bus on a diverted route which took me reasonably quickly to Haymarket...

To Dalry for a further mooch...


Finally found some things at the BHF shop (see below), whose prices made it seem worthwhile to partake...

Back to Haymarket and home...



Fang the Black Cat came in as Anne was leaving for pilates...


...and was still here hours later - as is his wont..


Meanwhile, I watched 3 episodes of "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and baked some potatoes for tea...


...whilst also picturing today's pile...









...which remained unripped and unplayed at the close of the day...

Because, on Anne's return, more "Star Trek" and multiple episodes of "Elementary" entertained when, really, I ought to have been returning to my work on the new LP or dealing with the new intake...

Tomorrow perhaps...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : The Man Who Fell to Earth

No comments: