Thursday, September 15, 2022

Creating, breakfasting, visiting, shopping, lunching, relaxing, viewing, listening, arting, helping...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2022
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Gewitter
Chris Rea - The Road to Hell
Chris Rea - Auberge
Chris Rea - Espresso Logic
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2021

Up early, with a view to remixing the second part of "Gewitter", after having had doubts that it was perhaps, slightly too intense...


However, I worked instead on the two initial experiments I recorded when I first set the equipment up...


...and, soon, I had actually created "Gewitter III" and "Gewitter IV"...


...and it all holds together nicely as a four piece work - two calm pieces with two not so calm pieces between them...


With that done, it soundtracked a drive over to Lasswade and the Paper Mill for breakfast...



Poached egg and smashed avocado for Anne...


...and smoked salmon and scrambled egg for me...


A lovely morning...


A visit to my mum who, all things considered, was in reasonable spirits...


On the way home, bought some new shirts...


Lunch and "Elementary", were followed by coffee in the garden...




...and then, in a retired fashion, I perused some art while Anne created some...







Late afternoon, next door to assist neighbour Bianca with a printer problem...

This in her garden - "I'm obsessed with skulls" was her quote...


Success...

Home for music listening...

Chris Rea had soundtracked my art perusal and, now, inspired by that and reminded of just how good he is, I set about securing all his LPs which I either used to have or indeed never had, with a view to adding them to the collection...

Later, a visit from Fang...


Pasta tea, with more "Elementary"...

Then, Anne went round to Jane and Bob's for tonight's Hearts match, away in Riga - 2-0 winners and second in the group...

Me?  I watched the final two episodes of "The Man Who Fell to Earth" - very enjoyable indeed...

Then a listen again to the proposed new LP...

On Anne's return, more "Elementary" pre shutting down for the night...

Highlight of the Day : New LP and out for breakfast...

No comments: