Thursday, September 08, 2022

The great leveller strikes again...

Playlist
Roxy Music - Siren
Aki Rissanen - Aleatoric
The Tubes - Knebworth 1978-09-09 (Concert & Rehearsal)
Various - The Very Best of Ethiopiques

Up reasonably early...


The views, at this point, were good...



Well, kind of...


Already deep into September...


Today, a day, mostly, at home...

Tomorrow, it will be 44 years since Count Brodski and I witnessed The Tubes, Frank Zappa and Peter Gabriel at Knebworth...

A search on line lead me to a YouTube upload...

Amazingly, it turned out to be the tape which I myself made of The Tubes that day!

I downloaded it and, as it was obviously running at the wrong speed, I used the studio recordings of the tracks from the then not yet released LP they were recording with Todd Rundgren (a guest that night), "Remote Control", to correct the error...

I then split it into separate tracks - and I did the same re speed correction and track splitting re an upload of the band's pre gig rehearsal at Shepperton Studios...

I then sent a link to the MP3s my new version to Count Brodski for his collection...

Meanwhile, also this morning, another rainstorm...





...which, like yesterday's (or was it the day before's?) was recorded again for future use...


Lunch - there may perhaps be too much lettuce on that roll...


But, then again, can you have too much lettuce?

A CD played as the computer required to be "cleansed"...


Late afternoon, took Anne along to Jane's - the two of them off to Tyncastle for tonight's European tie against Istanbul...

I initially predicted 5-0 for the visitors but changed it to 2-0 Hearts...

I should have double checked the rankings - Istanbul 90th in Europe, Hearts, 300th...

Result? 0-4...

Oh well...

To my mum's...

She is doing as well as can be expected for a 92 year old lady with a very sore foot, very sore shoulders, a sore knee and carers who, for her, come at such annoying times as 7am to get her up and 4:30pm to give her her tea...

A brave smile...


...turned to sadness on hearing, around 6:30pm, that the Queen had died...


I left her watching the start of wall to wall coverage of much wailing and gnashing of teeth but, at 96, Elizabeth Windsor dying was hardly a surprise, really...

To Penicuik to pick up guitarist Stu, then, to Roslin for a quartet rehearsal for Saturday's gig - keyboardist Paul is still down with Covid...


Set up, chat, a swift run through the 45 minute set, take down, more chat, Stu back to Penicuik and, then, a drive home through another, this time unrecorded, rainstorm...

Some football chat with Anne and an "Elementary", avoiding the aforementioned death coverage, ended the day...

Highlight of the Day : Rehearsing...

No comments: