Wednesday, September 28, 2022

He shoots, he scores...

Playlist
Various - Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2016
Skim - Skim
Cosmic Ground - Isolate
Chad Wackerman - Dreams, Nightmares and Improvisations
De Golden Lepel - De Golden Lepel
LAGQ - Los Angeles Guitar Quartet
Carlos Peron - Talks to the Nations
Various - Smokin' Blue
Various - The Treasure Isle Story
Various - Do the Reggae
Cloudland Canyon - Lie In Light
Dark Star - Dark Star
Various - A State Of Trance 2022
Capital Models - 2022-06-04
Capital Models - 2021-08-22
Capital Models - 2022-05-14 Live in Roslin
Capital Models - Live 29 November 2014
Capital Models - 2018-09-23 DR & JW
Capital Models - Live at the Dean
Capital Models - 2022-09-10 Roslin Fete
Capital Models - 2021-06-13
Capital Models - 2021-08-11
Capital Models - 2021-09-12

As is the way these days, started the day listening to an old podcast...

Finally up around 6...


And what did I see out the back window?

Yes, it's what I mistook for Venus a few mornings ago - it is, of course, Jupiter...


By Jove!


This is probably the best one...


Listened to some music, wrote this up for yesterday (discipline!) and then, perused this nice book...


Post breakfast, Anne was off to Zumba - solo, due to Lynn being the worse for wear after a night out last night with her sisters and visiting from Australia old flame Kevin...

I entertained myself by taking pictures of the current content The Shelf - which taKes me back to 18 June - so, on average, just under one CD a day between then and now...


However, 61% are from charity shops of course and only Efterklang was partaken of at anywhere near "full price"...


More perusal - this, a book on the content of the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art...


...accompanied by this - purchased in New York in 1999...


On Anne's return, it was still too early for lunch, so further listening...


...Carlos was bought in Bremen in 2015 - a good trip...

Then...


Then, lunch and some "Elementary"...

Meanwhile, the band reconvenes on Sunday and I have asked them all to each choose 10 songs they'd like to play...

In prep for this, I set about putting all the covers I "know" into alpha order in my folder...

A long laborious task, soundtracked by these...


The above is a very tasty LP, purchased in Vancouver in 2008...

This rounded things off...


Then, a run through on the acoustic of my and Paul's choices as I waited for the rest to come in...

Then, as Stu's arrived, creating a playlist of the choices, from the band rehearsal and gig recordings, and listening to that too...

Still nothing from Johnny or Keith...

This evening, 5 a sides resumed...


I was once again on the wining side and, very rarely these days, actually scored a goal - and it was a good one...

And so, despite my advancing years, my legs being shot and my footballing skills being a mere shadow of what they once were, I find myself at the top of the player board with 3 wins out of 4.  Just as well it’s a team game or I’d be bottom…


I was knackered afterwards though...


My reward was a sadly unpictured top tea from the EP of rib eye steak, mushrooms and chips...

"All Creatures Great and Small" and "Elementary" entertained along with "Newsnight" re the absolute clusterfuck the new Tory moron government has made of the economy in just a few days...

Unbelievable...

But Boris cleared out anyone with any competence/intelligence/understanding long ago..

So this is where we are...

Highlight of the Day : Football...

No comments: