Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Always good to get home from work...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Gewitter
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Dissolution II
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Flight 665
Cloudland Blue Quartet - 387
Cloudland Blue Quartet - I Was Listening to the Stars EP
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Wagner
Cloudland Blue Quartet - The Uncertainty Touch
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Variations on Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" Vol I
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Variations on Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music" Vol II
Marianne Faithful - The Very Best of
Maria Callas - The Very Best of

Up shortly after seven...


Not much time to do much as I was off out "to work"...

Good skies though...



The beast was in the back room...


Even better skies from the back garden...


...and my breakfast seat...


Fang, of course, had popped by (but had to be ejected after breakfast, given we were leaving)...


Relaxing with the EP and a visiting cat, is always good first thing...


Good to see my erstwhile colleagues again...



Kris with a K hit the big 4-0 yesterday...


Out for a walk at lunchtime...


...and bought three bottles of a nice French red - one each for Raymondo (60 in June), Matt (30 in August) and the aforementioned Kris...

I had the lady in Oddbins write some tasting notes in her nice handwriting for each label...



Headed home around 4:30, "bacon" having been ordered to soon be brought home...


Fang was back...


And today's pile was ripped and dipped into...


Three Ms...


A couple of "Elementary"s watched before the disappointing news that, despite us having had 12 players as early as last Friday for today's game, due to some late call offs, it was cancelled at the last minute...

So watched Scotland v Ukraine with Anne instead...

The best commentary for football is, of course, music...


An excellent 3-0 win for the Scots, with two of the 3 late goals scored by erstwhile Queen of the South (now Queens Park Rangers) centre forward, Lyndon Dykes...

I was listening to the Cloudland Blue Eclectic Selection 2016 Vol 6, which comprised music purchase on our trip to London in early February 2016, to see Michael Rother...

So I read through entries on here - what a great trip it was...

Shortly after our return, we celebrated niece Kitty's 12th birthday and I sent her a cropped and B&W'd version of this pic, featured on the blog at the time but taken the previous November, when Ollie and Kitty visited me post my operation...


A couple more "Elementary" episodes ended the night...

While on the subject of the podcasts though, my latest made No 12 on Mixcloud's Global Classical Chart...

This is frankly unbelievable/laughable as, of the 38 tracks featured in the programme, only one is classical!

But, you know, I'll take it...

I used to do a weekly two hour, music only, "Classical Eclectical" podcast, which did well but ate into my free time to produce...

It comprised stand alone movements, juxtaposing different eras and styles...

Now, I'm thinking of reviving my classical podcasts but featuring four entire works each week (different composers for each though) e.g. a piano sonata, a string quartet, a violin concerto and a symphony....

 Just to keep you in the loop...

Night all...

Highlight of the Day : Getting home from work...

No comments: