Sunday, September 18, 2022

Nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning to see appreciation for your work...

Playlist
Emerson Lake - Live from Manticore Hall
Pink Floyd - Animals (2018 Remix)
Ben Link Collins - Fictionalism
Ben Link Collins - Alabama Field Series Part One
Tangerine Dream - Raum
The Weeknd - Dawn FM
Rina Sawayama - Hold the Girl
The Mars Volta - The Mars 
The Counterfactuals - Mutually Decent Peple
The Counterfactuals  - The Counterfactuals 
David Bowie - Moonage Daydream OST

Morning Sunday morning... 


When I opened the curtains, the tree in the front garden began to shake and out popped Fang...

In he came for a morning snooze with Anne...


Meanwhile...

Inside...


Outside...


Nothing like waking up on a Sunday morning to see appreciation for your work...

Twitter chum Tracie Sheppard:

"Needed to calm the voices for work amidst considerable tension, and nothin does it like Mister Quartet's Disquietmusik...

ambient with a serrated edge, especially if the hum of electric #guitar is your lullaby.... 

Playing the opening track from "II""

To which her friend responded "Wow, I like this a lot 💕"

 Thanks for listening Tracie and for partaking of "DMII".  I’m glad you enjoy these so much!

Then, re this week's podcast, Mr Skiesareblue opined:

"Highly recommend this podcast from the mighty Mr CBQ…

Electric and eclectic mix...

Listening now to new, old, borrowed and blues…"

And Suemax, who has quite a few of my LPs, purchased "387":

"It's not Bandcamp Friday but I still bought some music on Bandcamp. Amazing, eh?

These things make all the work worthwhile...

And the sun wasn't even yet fully up...

I, myself, was listening to one of my old podcasts...


I've loaded all my podcasts into my old iPod...

I’ve forgotten what I played (and why)...

It’s like someone else with the same taste in music broadcasting to me from the past and reminding me of what I thought was good at the time...

That is the best reason for me to continue podcasting…

Out to get a croissant for Anne...

Noticed this child's star on the ground outside the garage - a possible cover for "Disquietmusik VI" in December...


No "normal" croissants...


A chocolate hazelnut one was secured...

Along with some smoked salmon for me...


The ripping and listening continued along with some "Elementary" at lunchtime...

In the afternoon, out to my mum's but via Morningside, as I returned to one of the shops to pick up 2 CDs spotted but not bought yesterday, by a new to me band from Northfield Minnesota, with a good sound and a good line up of instruments - things that can draw me in and, indeed, did...



...and also via a packed Sainsbury's to do my mum's shopping - everywhere will be shut tomorrow re the Queen's all-day funeral, so idiots are panic buying...

She was her usual self today - as always, I managed to annoy her by questioning everything she did or said...

I am a cruel son...

Back home for some more "Elementary"...

...and some excellent mince and mash!


Something else may well have been watched tonight but, when you don't do the diary for 5 days, you do tend to forget the small details...

Lights out on the weekend...

Highlight of the day : People appreciating what I do...

No comments: