Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Hanging out in the kingdom...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Gewitter
Phish - A Picture of Nectar
Elvis Presley - The All Time Greatest Hits
Chris Rea - Dancing Down the Stony Road
Miles Davis - Chicago Jazz Festival, August 30 1990
The Omar Hakim Experience - We Are One
Phish - Hoist
Elvis Presley - From Elvis to Memphis
Elvis Presley - NBC TV Special
Barrios - The Great Paraguayan
Julian Bream - Fret Work Vol I
Capital Models - Roslin Fete 2022-09-10

Good morning from Mr Speccy...


...who was up early to work...


I returned to the filing project, entering the last phase...

I had to leave it midway through, as a call from an unpictured Prog Rock Willie alerted me to his imminent arrival down in the village...

I set off down the hill for an excellent breakfast meet during which there was much chat of music, work, the world in general, elderly parents etc etc...

And a visit to the wee record shop on the main street...

I partook of this quartet for £10...


...and, around 11:30, bade Willie farewell, walking back up the hill re taking Anne to Fife at Midday for her retirement lunch with the bosses of her erstwhile employers...

Of course they want her back, in any capacity...

She will not go but might be open to some consultancy work - which has proved quite fruitful for me in my first few months of retirement...

I hung around in Fife, lest I be called upon to take Anne home again, enjoying a bridie based lunch in that Dunfermline...

I'd parked at Pittencrieff Park...


...and walked into town...


Trawled round all the shops - this noted in the window of a recently closed down hi fi retailer...


An old His Master's Voice record recording machine...


I believe I walked around every street in the town centre...


Eventually...


...I gave in and bought these for less than a tenner...


The call came from Anne - one of her co-lunchers was bringing her home...

So, I headed back too...

This wee beastie greeted me...


And so, today's double pile...


From down the road, a 2CD set of recently gotten back into fave, Chris Rea...


A radio broadcast of Miles Davis, less than a year before his death but still firing on all cylinders...


Some excellent jazz fusion from drummer Omar hakim...


..and a 1994 disc from Phish (which it turns out I already had as a download)...


...and from Dunfermline, a delightful disc of guitar music from Paraguay's finest...


...two further guitar/lute based discs of mid 50's mono recordings of Julian Bream...



...and two by Elvis (I downloaded this late last year re Capital Models cover of "Suspicious Minds")...


...and this, the NBC special - of which it turns out I already have a 2CD version...


Not to worry...

The remainder of the afternoon was spent finishing off the filing project...

The result...





A pasta based tea, made by me (ok I put it into the boiling water and then the colander and added some cheese and pepper) - Anne was still full from lunch...


Some ripping and listening followed by more "Professor T" and "Elementary" - we do like a murder mystery...

And loading some things into the Dropbox for Prog Rock Willie...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day: Fife...

No comments: