Monday, May 05, 2014

Rediscovering old stuff...

Playlist
Various - iPod on Shuffleplay
Me - Probably too many old recordings on discs from the attic
Various - Now That's What I Called Music 1959-1977

Up stupidly early...


..and, after updating this, spent the majority of the day listening to old music...

Firstly, I was looking for some old WAV tracks used in recordings made with Ian Sclater back in 2005 and was sure I had them on a DVD somewhere so brought down a load of spindles from the attic and went through them all...


Found a goodly amount of old forgotten CBQ recordings, many Ian Sclater backing tracks and stuff but not the things I was looking for...

Then, I got caught up in updating my "Now That's What I Called Music" collections, basically compiling new supplementary discs featuring tracks acquired since the original versions were put together back in 1999...


This is a collection of CDs containing hit singles and (from 1970 onwards) personal favourites from the music I actually bought...

I managed to work through from 1959 to the end of 1966 but it took a lot longer than I'd thought it might...


Possibly the very definition of what some might call a wasted day...

Not to worry, once again, this is how I waste my time...

In the evening, took a break to watch and enjoy "Inspector George Gently" before getting some packing together for our trip to Italy, which commences tomorrow even earlier than I was up today...

Highlight of the Day : Rediscovering old stuff....

No comments: