Sunday, May 18, 2014

Firing up the machines...

Playlist
Ich + Ich - Singles
2Raumwohnung - Singles
Annette Humpe - Solo
Inga & Annette Humpe - Swimming With Sharks
The Beatles - White Album
Brian Eno - Discreet Music

This morning, compiled an Ich + Ich singles collection to compliment that put together a few weeks ago for 2Raumwohnung, before we popped down the road to The Original Coffee Bean for some breakfast...


Home for some tidying up, with several guitars taken into the attic leaving just one acoustic and the new electric downstairs for "everyday" use...

Took Anne and Lynn round to Penny's at 2pm for the three of them to have an afternoon of admin and chat (and coffee and cakes) re their upcoming trip to Majorca...

Back at the house, I untidied again by setting up the studio and mucking about with the new guitar and my various effects pedals, including the Loop Station, only really ever used just after I bought it, now almost nine years ago...

We'll see...

Out to my mum's around four, picking up a prescription on the way (although the people at the pharmacy did not give me all the drugs she was expecting)...

I'd copied the entries here re the Italian holiday on to the laptop hard drive, so they could be viewed offline given my mum's non-online status...

Much enjoyed...


Just as we reached the final day, a call from nephew Andy - he and Tori celebrating their first wedding anniversary this weekend - advising they were on their way for a surprise visit...


We were joined by sister Sheila and enjoyed a tasty but, for me, probably (definitely) unnecessary Chinese meal...

Some writing with Andy is in the offing...

Back home to Anne, who'd had a great time with her chums...

Some re-tidying carried out re all the boxes and wires I'd left everywhere before setting off to my mum's...

Some TV catch up...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Firing up the machines...

No comments: