Thursday, June 30, 2011

There's a show from Haydock - I said there's a sh...


Playlist
Various - Last 10 Months on Shuffleplay
Katia and Marielle Labèque - Piano Fantasy : Music for Two Pianos
Yes - Fly From Here

Half the year away already...


Off to the Royal Mile first thing to take part in a project which subsidised nicely the recent large outlay on the Alice Cooper box set...


On the way back into town, passed the shop which housed Reptile Records from 1991 to 1995...


Also passed the Ladbrokes where I worked when I was a student...


...I would sit up above the smoking punters, often very hungover, marking incoming betting news on the board (this was in 1980)...

There was always a stooshy if I happened to miss some prices coming in...

There was often a stooshy...

My tenure was not long...

In the Cancer Research shop on the Bridges, I happened across a 6CD box by Katia and Marielle Labèque for just £5 - still in its cellophane wrapper and £30 on Amazon...

Of course I would never have bought it for £30...

Headed home in the sun...






Obtained a pre-release copy of the new Yes album and spent the evening listening to it...


Mighty fine it is too...

Looking forward to getting the real thing...

Managed to get the onloan I-Pod Touch from Dr Prog to connect to the Crispycat Network and listened to a couple of tracks over the net...

Bollinger was drunk...



It's amazing what you can do nowadays - mind you, I still need to download I-Tunes again and sync the player with the PC which seems to be easier said than done...

A flight was booked, despite news of lodgings still being awaited...

On telly, "Mock the Week" entertained, as did the (very welcome indeed) return of "Big Bang Theory"...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : New Yes / Big Bang Theory / Holiday...

No comments: