Friday, June 17, 2011

Return of the models, part 4...

Playlist
Various - Top 60 Albums on Shuffleplay
Alice Cooper - Old School 1964-1974

Two deliveries today...

The "Splinterheart" T Shirt...


...and the Alice Cooper Group Box Set - 4 CDs, a 2 hour DVD, an LP, a 7" single, a 60 page book, a replica 1971 "Killer" Tour Programme etc etc...


No time to listen to it right away though as I was off to take part in Capital Models' fourth get together of 2011 - we originally split in August 1980...

We were a quartet once again, comprising drummer Keith Apter, your correspondent on vocals and guitar, bassist Jamie Frain and (much better) guitarist Gus Bolton...


Other drummer Jim Park was a no show, I found out later he was performing his Stand Up at the Leith Festival...

The evening went well - we played around 10 old CM numbers, a CBQ song, one by Jamie (with me on bass) one by Keith (with Keith on guitar and me on embarrassingly bad drums) and a couple of Velvet Underground covers...

With around half an hour of our three hour session to go, I realised I'd had the lead into the mini disc recorder stuck into the headphone socket so I'd not recorded a thing...

We quickly ran through six songs to end the night...

The quality of this isn't great but it's not too bad...

But, by the time we got to "Computer Operator", my voice was really shot...

It's quite funny though, so I left the song in...


Setlist
Second Generation (Bolton/Merrill/Park/Reilly)
A Nice Job in a Small Town (Reilly)
Orifix (Bolton/Frain/Merrill/Park/Reilly)
Rock'n'Roll (Reed)
Sweet Jane (Reed)
Computer Operator (Bolton/Merrill/Park/Reilly)


It was strange to emerge from the room into the light - but it is almost three months since our last session...


Keith, Jamie and I retired to the Corrie Inn for a couple of drinks before I headed home to start my exploration of the Alice Cooper Box Set...

Stayed up till almost 3 am watching the Coop Group's DVD and listening back to, editing, tweaking and posting up tonight's six songs that made it out of the ether...

Highlight of the day : Despite the good night with the Models, probably the fact that the AC Box arrived...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to Thursday??

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

It's up now - I just posted the Models' session at 2am this morning and have only just gotten round to updating yesterday fully and Thursday...

Apologies for the let down LOL...