Monday, June 20, 2011

Return of the spiders...

Playlist
Alice Cooper – Old School 1964-1974
The Butterfield Blues Band - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
The Butterfield Blues Band - East West
The Butterfield Blues Band – The Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw
The Butterfield Blues Band – In My Won Dream
The Butterfield Blues Band – Keep On Moving

A wee visit to FOPP today – I was checking out a request from chum Sid Smith in relation to Santana albums...



...and, along with information on Santana availability and prices being collected, my visit resulted in an Alice Cooper inspired purchase...

A few weeks ago I listened back to his November appearance on BBC Radio 4’s long running series “Desert Island Discs” and made up a wee CD of the broadcast plus the full versions of his eight chosen songs...

Of those eight (he’s the only guest ever to have chosen King Crimson – "21st Century Schizoid Man" on Radio 4 at Sunday lunchtime!), a track by The Butterfield Blues Band was the one he’d choose if he could only choose one...

Now, like Mr Cooper, I’m not a big blues man, in fact I’ve hardly ever been able to listen to more than a few blues tracks in one go, due to their using practically the same chords and structure in every single song..

However, having bought a 5CD box of the first five BBB albums (from 1965-1969 – back when musicians were less lazy!), I can honestly say I really enjoyed this stuff...



Of course today also saw the return of the Exec Producer from her well earned birthday treat holiday in Kefalonia with bestest chum Lynn...































Looking tanned and relaxed it was great to have her back...



Meg agreed...



Although we often spend time in the house doing our own things, the place just wasn’t the same for me and Meg the Black Cat without the EP around...

Meg liked the empty suitcase...



A celebrationary Chinese takeaway was ordered and we watched the final part of “The Shadow Line”...

I won’t say how it ended in case you’re still to watch it but, it all kind of paradoxically unravelled for me as all the loose ends were tied up...

I still loved the series though...

Off to sleep at a reasonable time for the first time in a week...

Highlight of the Day : Return of the Exec Producer...

No comments: