Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Too many remotes...

Playlist
John Foxx – The Garden
Various – Motown Chartbusters Vol 1
Various – Motown Chartbusters Vol 2
Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5 – The Motown Years
1000 Robota – Du Nicht Sie Nicht er Nicht
Alice Cooper – Welcome to my Nightmare
Isaac Hayes – The Ultimate Isaac Hayes
Isaac Hayes – Live at the Sahara Tahoe
Isaac Hayes - Various Albums

I stupidly bought a loyalty card at HMV yesterday – the assistant said it cost £3 and I would receive 1,000 free points, which, he advised, was the equivalent of £10 – seemed like a good deal...

However, upon arriving home and checking it out on the net, I realised that I’d been given 1,000 points which was the equivalent of my having spent £10 but I needed 10,000 of these points just to get £2 credit – meaning, to get my £3 back to re buying anything, I’d need to shell out a further £140 on stuff at HMV...

Not such a good deal...

So, I returned today and, after a bit of a palaver, I exchanged the card for a three CD set of 50 tracks recorded for Motown by Michael Jackson (CD3) and the Jackson 5 (CDs 1 & 2)...

“Looking Thru the Windows” is my favourite...

On the way home I spotted some storm damage from a week and a half ago...





And noted the progress re the nearby building site...















This evening, Anne’s tasty soup nourished before I assisted my Mum over the phone to retune her Tivo box, following the first wave of Analog Switch Offs today...

She didn’t understand that retuning her telly with her telly remote did not also retune her Tivo (which she, of course, had to do using her Tivo remote)...

Soon sorted...

A call with sister Pam – she returned to work today (albeit part time), six months on from the start of her ordeal – and so a modicum of normality has returned to her life...

Thus far, she has suffered no side effects re the now doubled chemo which she is undergoing four weekly for five day stretches – she completed the first of six phases last week...

Excellent news and a good day for Pam...

Later on, I was drawn into “Coronation Street” and its week of revelations...

Then started the task of “sorting out” my five jukeboxes by dividing up the “rock and pop” albums on the hard drive into “studio”, “compilation” and “live”...

Mr Isaac Hayes entertained admirably late on, pre and post the excellent Mr Stewart Lee...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Pam successfully back at work...

2 comments:

Stuart said...

That's a big step for Pam returning to work, good on her.
Hope you are all ok just now. Gorgeous day today in the Borders. Life aint so bad.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Everything fine up here - weather taking a turn for the better too...

Cheers Stu