Monday, March 09, 2009

No stuff of consequence...

Playlist
It Bites – Discography
Kino - Picture
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Elliott Smith – New Moon
Various – Flaming Lips’ Late Night Tales
Music Music Music – Everybody Digs Music Music Music
Eels – Meet the Eels
Vaughan Williams – Complete Symphonies (Box Set)
Various - Singles I Found on Chris' Mybook

Rather inevitably after last night's excellent gig, It Bites soundtracked the day until I got home, after passing this tree which I’ve been wanting to record for a few days...



...anyway, I came home fully intending to do “stuff of consequence”..

Instead, I just listened to the new CDs purchased yesterday, as I ripped them for the jukeboxes...

Elsewhere, a nice review arrived in my inbox re my performance three weeks ago at Out of the Bedroom...

"I seem to have landed in the mellow and reflective ending of a spectacular showcase of local music - proving that there is much more to contemporary music than mainstream audiences appreciate.

As evidenced by the following superb acts...

Cloudland Blue Quartet

The one man band that is David Reilly plays just a guitar this time, and lays bare how well-crafted his songs really are - he asks the audience (no, he's not on the 10 grand question!) to pick a number from 1 to 100...

"100"

"Let me put my arms around you...let me carry you away" he states, within the boundaries of his tightly focused, introverted pop and it's difficult not to be taken away by it...

Another number - and this time its..."3"

This appears to be about emptiness within a relationship, lost ghosts of it lingering, whilst he laments "if only I'd say goodbye".

Don't we all feel that way sometimes?


It's good to see David grace the hallowed ground that is the Tron - it's always a good sign when such good performers keep returning to us..."


Nice one – and here I am on that very night, courtesy of the OOTB website...



...it’ll be interesting to see what they make of last week’s disaster...

Another enjoyable “Law & Order : UK”, then off to write this, whilst enjoying Mr Vaughan Williams’ symphonies...

Stayed up late loading tracks and listening to some great old singles from Chris-with-a-Ch's Mybook...

Highlight of the Day : A good review and some new music...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work re the review and a very nice tree.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Stu

The review of last week's debacle arrived in the inbox today and is also pleasantly positive - given the performace though, not sure if, overall, that's a good thing!!