Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Centred again...

Playlist
Mahler – Symphony No 5
Adams – Violin Concerto
Reich – Music for 18 Musicians
Various – Best 100 CDs of 2008 (MP3 CD)
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Soundingfall

Up late but had enough time to rip the new Mahler disc to the Classical jukebox to allow it to soundtrack my journey to the dentist...

Later on today, the Exec Producer advised no difference in the look of my teeth – despite the discomforting poking, scraping, prodding and polishing which took place...

Hey - look what’s happened to Princes Street...



Damn the tram...

To HMV post work again – this time on the look out for yet another new pair of walkman headphones – the ones I got from Amazon (probably only about six weeks ago) are causing the sound to be stronger in the left ear than the right – very annoying indeed...

Found a pair of Maxells, reduced from £12.99 to £7.99 with wee jewels in the bits that stick out of my ears...

Flashy...

With the biggest in ear rubbery things, they do provide good sound, albeit at 25/25 on the old volume control...

Sounded good on the bus home...

I walk past this wee birdhouse everyday – unoccupied as far as I’m aware...



Nice tree on the way home, just round the corner from Crispycat HQ...



Cooking tonight with Anne – Cajun Chicken – no pics I’m afraid – very tasty though and accompanied by a cold crisp bottle of Pinot Grigio...

Last night’s Corrie double bill and Saturday’s “Robin Hood” entertained, before I retired upstairs to write up the last three days whilst listening to the new running order experiment for “Soundingfall” and while Anne watched a new girly programme with the lady who used to be in Corrie and the man who was excellent in “Between the Lines” but nothing much since....

Thought about tweaking again the lyrics for the new song and re-recording the vocals...

Still some work to be done on a few of these 13 new songs – and I’ll post up the latest when I deem it “ready”...

That’s it...

Highlight of the Day : Headphones replaced – music centred once more...

4 comments:

Jazzman Stu said...

Hey Reilly, i've just finished watching the 1959 year of jazz documentary i mentioned last week. I'm totally into me jazz just now and have been back to the local library to take out a Pharoah Sanders Anthology (he has the same birthday as me!) and one of the featured albums on the documentary Ornette Coleman 'The Shape of Jazz to Come' your thoughts on these albums welcome. Hope you are doing fine?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Watched it tonight - great stuff - I have all 4 albums featured

Glad you've seen the light!!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Just checked and three of the four are in my top ten of 1959 - see "My Albums of the Year" blog - the early years carry a few tips of albums for you to explore...

Look out for people like Jackie McLean, Andrew Hill, Bobby Hutcherson, Donald Byrd, Freddie hubbard, Hank Mobley, Joe Henderson, Wayne Shorter...

Jazzman Stu said...

Glad you liked the programme, i'll look up these guys. I've heard of Bobby Hutcherson before and he's on the Pharoah Sanders compilation i'm listening to at the mo.
Cheers.