Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Don't drink that...

Playlist
Jamay – Autumn Fallin’
Various – Ladies on Shuffleplay
Emerson Lake and Palmer – From the Beginning
Various – A Tribute to the Music & Works of Brian Eno

After breakfast in the company of Meg the Black cat...



...the lovely sound of Miss Jaymay accompanied my walk down the road through a light dusting of snow this morning...



Discovered I had been brought in as a late replacement for the five-a-sides having not played for a month and still suffering slightly from a jarred right knee, sustained on the ice a few weeks ago...

I donned my dark shirt and off I went, taking Anne to her mum’s on the way, prior to their watching Hearts triumph over Motherwell 2-1 with a 93rd minute winner...

Surprisingly, I played (in comparison with recent outings) well, staying mostly in defence, and my team won by around four goals...

I didn’t score but I enjoyed the game nonetheless – Jim Park was on the opposing team - good to see him again in the flesh...

Upon returning home, I must report having had difficulty in walking around and climbing stairs for my shower, the remains of which Meg the Black Cat enjoyed drinking for some unknown reason...



Pain also whilst driving back down to Anne’s mum’s to give the Exec Producer a lift home...

Given a choice between continuing to play and being mobile in my old age, I feel retirement from the fray beckons...

Missed the David Byrne interview which Creek chum Stu made me aware of by text – texting me isn’t the best way to get an immediate response given that my mobile is more often than not switched off...

Sorry Stu – I do appreciate the attempted heads up though...

Highlight of the Day : Playing football – possibly my last game...

No comments: