Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blast from the past...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Various – The House That Trane Built
The Killers – Day and Age
ELP – Compilation for my Dad

Up at six and spent till around 1:30 in the afternoon working on the new song, which is currently entitled “Non Original Catastrophe Blue”...



E-mailed it over to Craig and await his feedback...

I’ll post it up once we’re “satisfied” with it..

Spent some time leafing through the book I bought on Friday re the Impulse label, whilst enjoying the previously purchased accompanying compilation...

Late afternoon, out to my mum’s house to visit said mum and up from England Sister Pam...

Sister Sheila was also in attendance and a right old blether was had...

After Sheila headed off, we ordered a Chinese takeaway which I collected and we all enjoyed...

While the ladies watched “Ice Dancing on Ice With Celebrities” I popped upstairs and fired up the computer I had around ten years ago which I subsequently gave to my dad...

It's only got 1GB on its hard drive!!

I found an Emerson Lake and Palmer compilation I’d made up for my dad ten years ago, after he expressed an interest in their early works...

As I sat there enjoying the music, eventually the screen saver came up – it was a message from my dad, who died nearly six years ago “Thanks to David and Anne for all your hard work!!” it said, presumably re our help in trying to teach him how to use the PC...

Always an uphill struggle...

Wonder if he knew I’d finally read it all these years later?

Funny that we'd spent some time at the dinner table retelling tales of his various encounters with "spiked" drinks and the hilarity he'd inadvertantly provided us with...

Back home, Anne watched the results of the “Ice Dancing on Ice With Celebrities” while I did nothing of any import...

“Match of the Day 2” ended the weekend...

Highlight of the Day : Time with the family...

No comments: