Monday, March 16, 2009

Third time lucky, kind of...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Various – Favourite Singles of 2008
Various – The House That Trane Built
Various – Tracks from CDs Acquired So Far in 2009

To the Infirmary today for the results of the MRI scan which so un-nerved me four weeks ago today (can’t believe how fast time’s going these days)...



Bad news...

After having had 2008 free of surgery following ops in 2006 and 2007, I now require a third shoulder op and am back on the old waiting list...

The likely date will be late May/early June I think...

Can’t say I’m looking forward to it, even though I know exactly what to expect re the op, the pain, the post op physio, the long recovery period etc etc...

It’ll be worth it though if I finally get my right shoulder to be as pain free as my left one....

Tesco on the way home for some tomato and red pepper soup and tiger bread as lunch, then some more jazzing before Anne went off to keep fit, leaving me to enjoy some music acquired so far this year, whilst writing up this and the previous two days...

Later, some tasty salmon fillets with new potatoes and green beans will no doubt entertain, as will “Law & Order : UK”...

It seems I’m not the only one at Crispycat Towers in need of medical attention, as Meg the Black Cat’s continuing shower tray drinking may be the sign of something not good...

And so the wee one will be visiting the vet this week...

Update:

The green beans were replaced by lovely garden peas and I forgot about the tasty carrots...

"Law & Order : UK" did indeed entertain as did the first in a new series, "Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle" which became my highlight of the day, if only for his riposte to anyone who asks "Stu, have you read the latest Harry Potter book?"...

His reply?

"It's for children, I'm a 40 year old man. Why would I read a children's book? I have read the collected romantic poetry of William Blake however, so Fuck Off!!"

Brilliant...

Highlight of the Day : Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle...

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

I thought the show was wonderful. My favourite section was the part about the rappers (10.30 into the show). Sheer genius!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Of course - especially the "yes I am disrespecting you - to the maximum" statement...

Just a pity there's no room any more for the equal genius of Richard Herring...