Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trip ended...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
It Bites – The Tall Ships
Jimmy LaFave – Cimmaron Manifesto

Track of the Day
Jimmy LaFave – Lucky Man (5:50)


Home to bed just before 2am last night after picking up the Exec Producer and her friends and ferrying them to various parts of the city...

Gave me the opportunity to listen to the latest album mock up in the car though, so I’m not complaining...

As a consequence however, up late today at 8:15...

Anne slept on, as I spent four hours working on a new mix of yesterday’s new tune “My Last Trip”....



Went for provisions thereafter and we lunched as the Rangers v Celtic derby started – I ended up watching most of the first half – not a great game...

Retired back upstairs and spent another couple of hours, firstly creating a shorter edit of the track then re-recording my lead vocal and adding a few guitar lines and doing a third mix of the song – only to reject it...

Then I sang through all nine songs currently to be included on the LP - not bad...

Listened to It Bites' new album then watched two episodes of “Harry Hill’s TV Burp” – comedy genius – then headed out to pick up a Chinese takeaway before Anne watched “Dancing on Ice” and I set about creating the “final” mix (the fourth overall and third today) of “My Last Trip” – which I’ve now posted up in the side bar, replacing yesterday’s first take on matters...



Cleansed my palate with the melancholy of Jimmy LaFave – who takes the honour of “track of the day”....

Finished off with a Girls Aloud documentary...

Highlight of the Day : Finishing the new song...

No comments: