Friday, February 06, 2009

The lure of pants...

Playlist
Grand Funk Railroad – 30 Years of Funk
Glenn Gould – Piano Concertos : Mozart No 24; Schoenberg Op 42

Track of the Day
Grand Funk Railroad – We’re An American Band (3:27)


Since I’ve started adding music to the blog, I’ve noticed my entries are shorter – probably because, once I’ve selected a track, uploaded it to the online server and got the data required to embed it into the blog – not to mention uploading my pics and selecting and editing them, frankly I can’t be bothered writing too much..

Plus, let’s face it, my life (that of the supposed musician and artist who must work his buns off to fund his “art”) is hardly the most exciting...

I get up as early as possbile....

Take my daily ablutions...

Have breakfast...

Walk down the hill...

Take the bus into town...

Do what must be done to fund matters...

Take a wee break during which I will normally visit a nearby music emporium (today a Glenn Gould disc for £3 from HMV)...

Do a bit more life funding...

Get the bus home...

Walk up the hill...

Have dinner...

Watch some TV (tonight “Corrie”, “QI”, “Not Going Out”)/do stuff on the net (this for example, and reading other people’s far more interesting entries into this rubbishy world of hyperspace which sucks our lives away)...

Go to bed as late as possible...

And, all the while, listen to as much music as I can in the time left to me on the planet (today concentrating on Grand Funk Railroad...



..not actually this album...

....and Glenn Gould’s interpretations of Mozart and Schoenberg in 1961, just 12 days before my wife, the very lovely Exec Producer was born)...

When I read that summary of what my life has become, then, thank the Great Architect (Howard Roark of course) that, occasionally, something happens to break the routine...

Like this evening, a drink with Anne and her chum Debbie after my daily funding mission...

Or making my own dinner as Anne has enjoyed a smashing afternoon uptown and wasn’t that hungry...



(That’s veggie mince by the way – no wonder I was doing a very good impression of Windy Miller this evening)...

Or, tonight, a call from my old buddy Count Brodski advising there’s a record fair tomorrow (which we intend attending)...

Or, tonight, a call from chum Dr Prog advising he has procured tickets for a Stockhausen concert next Wednesday (which we shall attend)...

Or even just someone leaving a comment here, proving anyone other than me is actually reading this drivel...

Also, occasionally, little things make matters better than “normal”...

Such as Meg the Black Cat taking to my underpants drawer for a snooze...



This has been posting number 1,500....

Highlight of the Day : Being cheered by the rocking sounds of the mighty Grand Funk Railroad...

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

You might think your life is dull but compared to some of us, yours is a white-knuckle ride through life!

I'm still getting over the shock of that Weather Report box set for a tenner, never mind the Glenn Gould one for £6!!!!!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Sid

Came thru a wee bit of a downer there methinks

I am indeed a lucky man...

If you need a WR box there're still a few left at FOPP - was in again this morning...

Funnily enough...