Monday, February 02, 2009

Let there be sound...

Playlist
Ben Christophers – My Beautiful Demon
Polytechnic – Down Till Dawn
The National – Alligator
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Anotherhappyday
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Deeperdown
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Ersatzreal
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Weather Report – Forecast : Tomorrow (Box Set)

Track of the Day
Weather Report - Tears (3:24)


A new feature starts today – and I’ve back-dated it to yesterday...

If I have time, I will compile a wee 15-20 minute podcast featuring music from the day’s playlist to give you an idea of my daily soundtrack...

(Subsequently amended to track of the day...)

Hope you enjoy it...

In researching how to do this, it occurred to me it was possible to put my new album-in-progress up too – and so I did...

It was snowing today – almost everywhere in the UK and at Crispycat Towers and upon its environs too...



Of course any snow in the UK brings the country to a standstill – heaven help us if we ever get REAL snow...

Didn’t stop my walk to FOPP though, where I immediately partook of their offer on Weather Report’s 3CD+DVD Box Set for a mere £10...



Also picked up the DVD (and book) of Polanski’s “MacBeth” – a film which gave me nightmares after I saw it aged around 13 or 14...

It says on the box, no one under 15’s to see it...



Back home, listened to Weather Report and updated this with the new Playlist Podcasts...

Which of course took a very long time indeed...

Highlight of the Day : Adding music to the blog

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Polanski's Macbeth. The school took us to see it when we were thirteen...and they say that kids today are pumped full of stuff they shouldn't see. I can still remember it - I was so shocked by it....!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Anne refuses to watch the video...

This film is the source of one of my first inkllings of my own mortality...

Looking fwd to watching it again though...

It's got Keith Chegwin in it!!