Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Inconsequential contributions...

Playlist
Kenny Dorham – Whistle Stop
Eating Seats – Secrets About September
Ladyhawke – Ladyhawke
Aqualung – Memory Man
Network – Corroded Path
Glenn Gould – The Glenn Gould Trilogy
Alice Cooper – Along Came a Spider

Track of the Day
Alice Cooper – The One That Got Away (3:21)


Track of the day had to be The Coop, seeing as how it’s his 61st birthday...

Another cold, crisp day with frost on the gate...



To HMV at lunchtime and, for £6, picked up a 3CD “audio book” called “The Glenn Gould Trilogy”, a production (in English, strangely) for German radio...

It tells the story of Gould’s life over its four hour duration and is presented in a montage/collage fashion including tons of his recordings and musings...

Tasty...

I'd bailed out of the fives after last week’s debacle and my continuing sore toe scenario...

However, very late afternoon, I was drafted back in due to a late call off...

Got dressed up...



Set off through the cold evening air...



Like last week, we were nine instead of ten – though, this week I ended up on the winning side...

Not really due to anything I did...

My highlights were:-

(a) Hitting a fellow player in the face with a raker of an off-target shot
(b) Hitting a fellow player in the testicles with a raker of an off-target shot
(c) Scoring a goal by playing a one-two off the back wall and heading into the net

While I got away with (a) and (b), (c) was deemed illegal as my head was adjudged to have been inside the goalie’s area...

Back home, listened to the second arrival from Network (composed rather than improvised, and much the better for it) and the first of the three Gould discs on the cans while watching “Holby” then retreated upstairs to write this to the rocking sounds of birthday boy Mr Cooper...

A reasonable day which has left me with sore, old, knackered legs...

Highlight of the Day : Glenn Gould and the Coop...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the idea of one track to listen to, while I read.
Liked Tears. moira

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Thanks Moira

Glad you appreciate the efforts...

Think I'll have some Glenn Gould today...