Thursday, February 05, 2009

Hopeless emptiness...

Playlist
Glenn Gould – At The Movies
Bobby Hutcherson – Happenings
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Rush – Permanent Waves
Procol Harum – A Whiter Shade of Pale
New Order – Regret

Track of the Day
Glenn Gould
JS Bach’s Prelude from English Suite No 5 in E Minor (4:47)


Tonight, Anne took me along to the Filmhouse to see “Revolutionary Road”...



We used the last of the tokens her brother Keith and his wife Maureen gave me for photographing their wedding last summer...

I knew nothing about the film beforehand, other than it starred Kate Winslett and Leonardo DiCaprio – which, to my mind, didn’t bode well...

I must say though I was most impressed and really enjoyed it – despite it making me feel very depressed indeed at my own pathetic existence...

Meanwhile, George St was sparkly as we walked back to the car...



I really ought not to go to the cinema or watch DVDs...

I am far too impressionable...

Back home, cheered up (and brought back to reality) by “My Name is Earl” then wrote this as Anne watched a taped “Masterchef”...

Ended the day with "Question Time" and "This Week" after some exquisite, life affirming piano playing by Mr Gould...



Ah, living the dream...

Highlight of the Day : Revolutionary road...

2 comments:

impossible songs said...

Not much mention of foodstuffs in this episode, what's wrong?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Fish suppers tonight, picked up on the way home - tasty but easily forgotten..

The film was excellent...