Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Home made...

Playlist
Cloudland Blue Quartet – Soundingfall
Edgar Froese – Epsilon in Malaysian Pale
Edgar Froese - Aqua
Edgar Froese - Ages
Edgar Froese - Stuntman

Track of the Day
Edgar Froese – A Dali-esque Sleep Fuse (8:33)


Out tonight for the first in the third era of songwriters’ club, Out of the Bedroom as it moved to The Tron (formerly the Yellow Carvel)...

Managed to secure a slot but there were so many people wanting to play the slots were reduced to two songs each – which was actually better than three considering some of the people playing...

The venue is undoubtedly better than The Cannon’s Gait where the club has been housed for the last three years and isn’t quite as smelly as The Waverley where it was held for around three to four years prior to that – but it’s still quite smelly...

This room is not so smelly and, truth be told, I probably prefer playing here – it’s certainly a lot less nerve-wracking...



I spent the early part of the evening in the company of one Colin Milne, a former architect who, at 78, is the same age as my mum...

He first got into music in Germany in the late 40s whilst doing National Service and played a song written last month on his home made, nylon string guitar – amazing stuff...

I wonder if I’ll still be doing this when I’m 78 – or indeed if I’ll live to 78...

The room was packed and highlights for me were the performances of Lindsay Sugden and OOTB founder, Jim Igoe and the last guy on, “Gerry” who, with his entourage, had sat up the back all night chatting loudly and having a laugh and paying no attention whatsoever to anyone else’s performances...

For my own part, as I’d come along with no guitar and no lyrics/music to help me out, I played probably the only two songs I know by heart at present, “This Is All There Is pt 1” (the first song I ever played at OOTB back in 2003) and “I Re-Arranged the House” (the first song I wrote specifically to play at OOTB , again back in early 2003)....

Home around midnight after an enjoyable evening...

Meg the Black Cat welcomed me with some expert knee-sitting...



To bed, with the sounds of Herr Edgar Froese in my lugs...

Highlight of the Day : Playing a couple of songs to a receptive audience...

No comments: