Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Not so secret...

Playlist
Weather Report – Forecast : Tomorrow (Box Set)
Return to Forever – Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy
Network – The Bible Says
Eating Seats – Secrets About September

Track of the Day
Network – Tooting is Not New York (5:03)


Realised after the amount of work I put in last night to create and post two five track podcasts that it’ll be too much to do one every day...

So, instead, I’ll put up one track a day...

Makes sense really as, anyone coming on here probably isn’t going to spend any more than three to five minutes so that’s what I’ll aim the tracks to be, length-wise...

As is my wont, from an anally retentive point of view, I’ll go back to the start of the year and post up a track of the day for each day...

And I’ve changed the last two days to single tracks rather than the 15-20 min five track sets...

And I’ll do this till it becomes too much hassle – as if it’s not already a stupid habit I’ve gotten myself into to write this everyday and make a note of every album I listen to...

Not much happened today...

Anne loves this Meerkat so this is for her...



I like it too...

The first of seven CDs by jazz-fusion ensemble, Network, which are winging their way towards Crispycat Towers via e-bay, arrived today...

In a 30 minute respite from the TV in the living room tonight, Anne said “why not play the new CD?” - a suggestion she was immediately regretting when she heard the (completely improvised) racket blasting forth from the speakers...

It appears Meg the Black Cat likes it though...



A mail from Creek Cohort Cobley contained an intriguing MP3 from band Eating Seats – which led me to download their album, “Secrets About September” from here...



It seems they’re a German band – the track Stu sent me sounded a bit like Sigur Ros, but on further investigation, their leanings appear to be more in a prog direction...

And of course, that too is to my liking...

Cheers Stu...

Late on, after mucking about in cyberspace for some considerable time, I rejoined Anne for a very moving episode of “CSI”, followed (luckily re cheering us up) by a repeat episode of "The Big Bang Theory"...

Highlight of the Day : More new music

No comments: