Monday, October 20, 2008

Each to his own...

Playlist
King Crimson - Cadence and Cascade (3CD-R)
Neal Morse - Lifeline (2CD)

Almost still dark when I left the house this morning into the rain...

Typical though, that I have spent much of the weekend ill - and almost unprecedented that, two days in a row, I took to my bed in the middle of the day - and now, Monday morning, I seem to be on the mend...

Walked from Haymarket to the town centre enjoying the new Crimson compilation created over the weekend...

And it soundtracked too, my lunchtime walk to FOPP, where I found Neal Morse's brand new 2CD set, "Lifeline" and purchased it at (choke) full price...

I didn't even know it was coming out...



Worth every penny though...

There are few acts around these days who produce such high quality music and Mr Morse seems to do so with consumate ease...

Of course I am an atheist and think people who believe in a higher power are sadly deluded, although I accept it helps them through their lives...

So, Neal Morse left Spock's Beard a few years ago now, proclaiming he'd found Jesus and God and that he'd decided to dedicate the rest of his life to their worship...

As a consequence, his lyrical themes are quite overtly religious...

I have said before though, that some of the best music ever written was done so by way of the worship of a God (in whatever form was topical at the time), so I have no problem with the words on this excellent CD...

And, over and above the sermons being preached on disc one, the bonus second disc comprises mainly covers, including one of The Osmonds' classic "Crazy Horses"...

Top stuff...

Might watch "The Day After Tomorrow" later but Anne probably won't be up for a couple of hours of science fiction...

Highlight of the Day : New Neal Morse...

No comments: