Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Return of the big pink tin openers...

Playlist
The Flower Kings – Unfolding the Future
Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes
Fleet Foxes – Sun Giant EP
Devics – Push the Heart
Schubert – Piano Music for four Hands
Various – CDs Acquired in October

A year today since my last shoulder op – on my right shoulder which, unfortunately, still gives me gyp and is not quite as flexible as it ought to be – I have a further appointment at the infirmary re this next month...

In the meantime, another hearty breakfast was enjoyed at the castle before packing and settling the bill...

A very relaxing and enjoyable stay indeed...

We had thought about going to Glasgow today before heading home but decided instead to head straight back to Edinburgh for Meg the Black Cat who’s been on her own in the house since we left on Monday – Anne’s chum Lynn popped in on Monday night and last night to provide sustenance...

So we drove home through the drizzle, taking the B road towards the town of Denny and enjoyed some beautiful, if misty, countryside – including this reservoir with a submerged tree...



We were soundtracked by the Fleet Foxes LP I bought yesterday – I have to say the jury’s still out after a couple of listens – there are things there that are enjoyable but things also which are annoying...

At home, Meg was none the worse for her experience – if anything she probably relished the peace after the visit of a small German boy last week, intent on stroking her and picking her up at every opportunity...

My latest acquisition, a disc by The Devics, was behind the door from e-bay, along with an inordinate amount of anniversary cards...

This CD is, in my opinion, better than the Fleet foxes...

Nonetheless, I then listened to the FF EP as I went to pick up some sandwiches for lunch before spending much of the afternoon on t’interweb...

Tried to play some songs on the guitar but I’ve forgotten the chords and the words yet again...

We watched the final episode of “Harry and Paul” – very sad to see it go but another favourite, “Harry Hill’s TV Burp”, starts again on Saturday...

Back in the old routine in the evening as Anne enjoyed Coronation St while I sat upstairs listening to music (some delightful Schubert piano music) and read this month’s edition of The Wire...

Split my last 100 Cds into monthly folders on the hard drive and added back those from June which had been deleted as they'd fallen out of the last 100, along with all those acquired in May, since when 136 albums have entered the physical collection - I won't count downloads as there's, frankly, just too much music...

If there can be such a thing...

I need to burn all the Krautrock rarities which Jorg provided to me and of course I copied the entire hard drive of his I-Pod too...

Maybe there can indeed be too much music...

Highlight of the Day : Coming home to Meg the Black Cat

No comments: