Thursday, October 16, 2008

Unwelcome waterfall...

Playlist
Various – Compilations Jukebox on Shuffleplay
Jacques Brel – Grand Jacques

To FOPP at lunchtime with the intention of purchasing four Hawkwind albums, three of which I already have – but these new ones are remasters with extra tracks...

In the end I walked away with a two disc set by Jacques Brel, comprising his first three albums (recorded mid fifties) along with some bonus tracks...

In the evening, a long-standing invite to a wine-tasting evening, offered the opportunity to get well and truly hammered...

Last time I attended such a “do”, I ended up wandering the streets incoherently before finally getting into a taxi, only to find that, by the time I’d gotten just half way home, I’d run out of cash – a rather long walk and a rather large headache ensued...

However, mid afternoon today, I was suddenly seized by the onset of the first “big” cold I’ve had for a while...

By the time I’d finished the contest involving the tasting and attempting to determine (a) the grape type, (b) country of origin and (c) price, of eight bottles of wine, and having just ordered a tasty G&T from the free bar, an offer of a lift home from colleague Raymondo was an opportunity not to be missed...

Cancelling my drinks order, I bade my farewells to the assembled throng and was home around 8pm...

The cold undermined my Brel listening and I instead watched the series finales of both “Ugly Betty” and “Desperate Housewives”, neither of which I’ve watched for ages and so I was none the wiser regarding many of the plotlines on offer...

Meg the Black Cat did her best to cheer me up by jumping onto the coffee table and cuddling the wedding anniversary box of chocolates received from Anne’s bestest chum Lynn (much of which had earlier been consumed by the Cloudland Blue duo)...



So, what might have been a good “bad” night, was rendered rubbish by the continual coughing, sneezing and general flowing of water from various parts of my head...

Great...

Highlight of the Day : The part before the cold kicked in...

No comments: