Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chairman of the bored....

Playlist
Richard Shindell - Vuelta
Richard Shindell - Somewhere Near Patterson
Richard Shindell - Sparrows Point
Various - Invictus Club Classics
Various - Invictus Club Classics Vol 2
Lee Morgan – City Lights
Art Blakey – A Night in Tunisia
Cecil Taylor – Conquistador!
Jaco Pastorius - Word of Mouth
The Concert of Sound - 21st Century Classics

OK so I find going to the gym thee most boring thing in the world - but I need some exercise and I'm not yet ready to resume five-a-sides on a weekly basis so, basically, it's walking...

Every weekday morning, after walking down the hill from Crispycat Towers to catch the bus, I'll be alighting at Haymarket and walking into the town centre and, as has been the case for some time now, around lunchtime, I will be seen trudging along the length of the Princes St parallel Rose St to FOPP and back...

Of course this means that, most days I'll need to buy a CD or a book or a DVD or something to go into the big skip when I snuff it (or to Dr Prog and Count Brodski's collections should they outlive me)...

Today, two £1 compilations of tunes from the Invictus Label - top stuff - 42 tracks for two quid - has the world gone mad???



Then on the way home, I will reclimb the hill to Crispycat Towers - all the while enjoying the offerings of the Jukeboxes...

But not tonight - a wee drink and then, much to my surprise it transpired Anne was still out and about at 9pm with chum Lynn, having been out for lunch earlier in the day - so I joined them for a swift half and an Americano at All Bar One before Lynn's Ross came to pick us up and take us home....

While Anne listened to the happenings surrounding the transfer window - I wrote up the last three days of this nonsense whilst listening tracks from the last few CD acquisitions as I converted them to MP3 and added them to the famous jukeboxes...

...which included a couple more from e-bay too...

Highlight of the Day : Beer and Coffee with Anne and Lynn

No comments: