Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Drivel quotient high....

Playlist
Various – Jazz & Classical on Shuffleplay
Handel – Violin Sonatas/Oboe Sonatas
Mozart – 100 Best Mozart
Electronic – Raise the Pressure
Ferry Corsten – Mixmag 03/06
Bob Dylan – Dylan
Cimarosa - Overtures

As I lay on the music room floor last night doing the exercises which will hopefully one day allow my right arm to return to normal, I had this view of my guitar, which I’ve not played now since early September...



The sky was red this morning but the forecast snow never materialised...



At FOPP I succumbed to my 3rd £3 Yes DVD in recent weeks, this time the classic line up reunion concert from 1996 “Keys to Ascension” – I have both of the double CD sets which feature the concert and accompanying studio recordings...

Also restarted my search for 18th Century music with a disc of Cimarosa’s opera overtures - apparently, other than Herr Mozart, he’s the only composer whose operas have been performed continuously since his lifetime. Mr Cimarosa was very popular indeed in the late 1700s...

Also fell for the latest 3CD retrospective from Bob Dylan...

The red one...

I already have a 3CD compilation released in Australia around 1979 or so but only 20 of the tracks are duplicated and some are different versions....

So, of the 90 tracks spread of over the six discs, there are 70 which are unique to one set or the other...

Of course it’s Bob Dylan we’re talking here so the singing’s not that great – the packaging is though – by the time we get to the third disc it sounds like he has a peg of some sort keeping his nose closed...

Despite these small criticisms, I’m still enjoying being introduced to his wider catalogue and may buy more of the later stuff...

As well as these new purchases, when I got home, the first two e-bay discs had arrived and, after an excellent beef stew from the hand of Anne, I spent the early evening in an electronic haze with, aptly, Electronic followed by a banging trance set from Ferry Corsten...

A better storyline this week on “CSI” with an hour’s break for some more Dylan and some Cimarosa and then “Law & Order : Criminal Intent”...

One more pic from this morning...



OK, that’s enough drivel now – lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Anne's beef stew - tasty!

2 comments:

Sid Smith said...

Fantastic sky-vibe thing going on there!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers Sid but nothing compared to your Street Life series - you are the master of early morning skies!!