Saturday, January 19, 2008

Celebrate good times, come on......

Playlist
Various – 100 recent Albums Jukebox Playlist on Shuffleplay
MacAlpine Brunel Chambers – CAB
Thad Jones – Detroit-New York Junction
Paul McCartney – Memory Almost Full
Various – Troja Dub Box Set
The George Benson Quartet – Live 1973
The Horace Silver Quintet – You Gotta Take A Little Love
Tony Williams’ Lifetime – Emergency

Up at 6:15 and decided to change the CDs on “The Shelf” (I keep 100 CDs in the living room)...

Rather than the last 100 in chronological order, I amended this to:-
50 Non Jazz/Non Classical (20 New; 10 Recent; 10 Re-Issues; 10 Compilations)
30 Jazz (15 Pre 1970’s; 15 Post 60’s)
20 Classical

So that took a wee while and passed some time...

I ended up with around 35 different CDs on the shelf from those which had been there before – especially since, of the last 100 I’ve bought, only 3 are classical...

At 11:30 Anne departed for Tynecastle for the latest Hearts v Hibs derby (12:30 kick off), leaving me to potter about and indeed watch some of the match on Setanta in between bidding unnecessarily for CDs on e-bay which I really don’t need...

I ended up winning discs by Queensryche, Handel, Electronic, Ferry Corsten, Goldfrapp, Eurythmics and a double Motown compilation – all of which should be winging their way to Crispycat Towers next week......

Meanwhile Hearts beat Hibs 1-0, on balance probably deservedly so - a fast paced match but with very little skill on display...

Spent the afternoon watching Sky Sports News soccer results thing with the videoprinter waiting for Queens to score some goals – eventually they did and my favourite team overcame Greenock Morton 3-0 at Greenock by virtue of a second half hat-trick by substitute Stephen Dobbie – an excellent win which takes Queens to the giddy heights of 4th in the table – but it’s still very tight...



As of today, Anne and I have been together for 28 years and, by way of celebration, we went for an early evening dinner to a little Italian place at Haymarket, La Bruschetta....

Candlelit, with Italian baroque to accompany a superb meal for which I’d especially shaved my head and donned my black shirt – as opposed to the brown jersey/tracky bottoms and weeks-on-end-unshaven head I’d been sporting earlier in the day...



Can you spot the difference?

Mushrooms and goats cheese followed by lamb for Anne, a small portion of Rigatoni with tomato and Italian sausage sauce followed by fillet steak for me, both accompanied by sauted potatoes with Rosemary, and French beans, with a sweet for each if us comprising profiteroles in Belgian chocolate sauce accompanied by Americanos...

My first treat really of the new regime, under which I’ve lost a couple of pounds so far and which must now be my template, basically, until I die – if that day is to be staved off for as long as possible...

The lovely Italian red wine was my first alcohol since New Year’s Day, other than a glass of Advocaat and lemonade during the latter part of our stay on Arran...

We were home in time for “CSI : New York”; the new series of “Law & Order” and “Match of the Day” – a good day...

Highlight of the Day : Anniversary dinner with Anne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary CBQ.

All the best,
Paul H

(btw, the meal sounds tasty!)

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

It was indeed!!