Monday, January 28, 2008

Carpenter music...

Playlist
Various – Jazz & Classical Shuffleplay
Bob Dylan – Time Out of Mind

It seemed every other track on shuffleplay today was by jazz saxophonist, Joe Henderson - which is no bad thing - some excellent blowing, man....

To FOPP today and, despite the impending avalanche of jiffy bags, I purchased the last three Bob Dylan albums, with my decision being based on the tracks from each included on the triple CD set I bought last week (and the fact that I was able to get all three for £10)...



A call in the afternoon from James Jamieson, who's been off the radar for far too long. Turns out he has a gig coming up on 6 Feb - at the same club (Secret CDs) where I'm due my first outing of 2008 on March 5...

Crispycat Recordings will revamp his 2004 album "Precious" for the gig, with the addition of some new, acoustic tracks...

At FOPP, I also purchased a couple of DVDs - "Robots" (from the makers of "Ice Age") and the original Batman movie from 1966 - back when it was fun....

As a kid I used to watch every episode and was an avid collector of the Bubble Gum cards. So I spent the early evening watching this and very enjoyable it was too...

Home made soup for tea tonight then I nipped out for some flowers, card and presents for Anne’s birthday tomorrow....

Of the Dylan, so far I’ve only listened to the first, “Time Out of Mind” and it’s mighty good...

Only watched one other thing on TV tonight and that was Larry David’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” but it was very much a case of quality over quantity - wing donation (anonymous v named), the laws of dry cleaning, masturbation...

Very funny indeed...

Highlight of the Day : Larry David again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, re. Sunday's entry, last time i czeched Krakow was in Poland!
Larry David, legend.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Jeez-oh how did I miss that one...

Glad someone's paying attention - I will amend immediately