Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rich and Eddie...

Playlist
K D Lang – Hymns of the 49th Parallel
Biffy Clyro – Puzzle
Deep Purple – Fireball
The Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams

I am continuing to stave off buying Faure’s complete piano works at HMV...

Tonight, Anne was out a-drinkin’ with Lynn, so I took the opportunity (as there was nothing worth watching on the box) to view the first episode of the 1987 BBC sitcom “Filthy, Rich & Catflap” (on loan from Chris-with-a-Ch), the long lost link between “The Young Ones” and “Bottom”...



It brought a couple of smiles to my face and the occasional guffaw - I'd forgotten how much like "Bottom" it was...

Took some time to add links to all the songs from my last three song-based albums...

"Anotherhappyday", which I started recording around five years ago this month and which was released in August of 2003...

"Deeperdown" which I was working on when I started this diary and which finally saw the light of day in November 2005....

"Ersatzreal", the whole two year production process of which was noted on these pages and which I issued last October - do take a listen to any of the songs...

Fell asleep on the settee watching nothing in particular, only to be awoken around eleven by Anne’s call for a lift home...

Watched a bit of Question Time

Everyone back safe and sound by midnight...

Highlight of the Day : New music on the headphones

3 comments:

Sky Clearbrook said...

I had been a huge fan of The Young Ones, but remembering thinking at the time that Happy Families and Filthy, Rich and Catflap were very disappointing. It would be interesting to see both of those again.

I'm pretty sure I still have the one and only series on VHS from the original broadcasts. I remember the voiceover at the end of the final episode saying, "...and Filthy, Rich and Catflap will be back for another series in the autumn". I'm still waiting!

Episode 2 was the best. Ooer... sounds a bit rude!

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The reviews on Amazon suggest that these reissues, and any before, contain various cuts due to copyright reasons re the songs used in the shows - self-taped video copies of the original series do appear to be prized posessions indeed...

On re-watching it's a lot better than I remember...

Sky Clearbrook said...

They'll be up in our loft. Wonder what condition they're in.